At your pediatric dentist in Brooklyn, you’ll find only BPA free products. While many dental materials may contain slight amounts of the substance, the best dentist for kids is committed to being BPA free, even when it comes to dental sealants for kids. Sealants are an excellent form of preventative care that’s low cost, especially compared to the price tag on fillings and gum treatments. Visit your pediatric dentist in Brooklyn, NY for BPA free dental sealants for you and your whole family.
Your toddler dentist in Brooklyn may recommend dental sealants for kids to prevent cavities and to keep young teeth strong. Dental sealants involve painting a thin plastic coating on the surface of your children’s teeth. It’s completely safe and very effective at preventing tooth decay.
This plastic coating prevents bacteria from harming the surface of the teeth, especially those hard-to-reach molars and pre-molars. These teeth are especially prone to decay because they’re the furthest teeth back in your child’s small mouth. These teeth may be missed — or just not thoroughly cleaned — while brushing and flossing.
When to See the Best Dentist for Kids
Between the ages of six and 14, many children still need practice and instruction on proper brushing techniques and good dental habits. The best children’s dentist recommends the plastic coating because it bonds to the surface of these often grooved teeth, filling in any crevices or pits that can trap plaque and bacteria. This makes it more difficult for decay to set in.
These fissures can be smaller than a single bristle of a child’s toothbrush. Smoother surfaces provide easier cleaning during your children’s development. The lack of grooves and pits protects and has even been shown to decrease the risk of decay by up to 80 percent, according to studies by the American Dental Association.
The Process of Applying Dental Sealants for Kids
This simple, painless procedure requires no anesthesia, and it takes only a few minutes. As soon as a molar or pre-molar has erupted through the gums, your pediatric dentist in Brooklyn NY can place dental sealants. Letting your child know the process and explaining what to expect often quiets any concerns, leading to greater cooperation.
Your Brooklyn dental team at Quentin Smile Dental provides a special needs pediatric dentist for kids who otherwise may be too agitated by a dentist’s office. These dentists are trained in calming all kinds of children. The sealant process includes:
- First, the best pediatric dentist cleans each tooth thoroughly in a child-friendly environment, using a paste and rotating brush.
- He then dries each tooth and places an absorbent material around the tooth to keep it moisture-free.
- Using a very mild acidic solution, your Brooklyn, NYC dentist coats each tooth to roughen the surface slightly, providing a better bonding exterior.
- He rinses the solution from the teeth and re-dries them.
- Using the dental sealant and a small brush, he paints the gel onto the sides and top of each molar and pre-molar.
- The gel bonds to the tooth and hardens, often with the use of a hand-held curing light.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
Dental sealants provide several cost-effective benefits that contribute to your child’s overall dental health. The advantages of dental sealants include:
- No restrictions after the procedure regarding eating, drinking or activities
- Making the back molars easier to clean by filling in and smoothing hard-to-reach grooves and pits
- An effective barrier against decay, when used in conjunction with proper dental care such as brushing, flossing, regular dental visits and a healthy diet
- Many insurance companies cover the cost of dental sealants for kids under the age of 18
- Sealants are quick, easy and relatively inexpensive
- The white or slightly tinted color blends well with your children’s teeth and may enhance their appearance.
Discussing Concerns with Your Pediatric Dentist in Brooklyn NYC
Dental sealants for kids are BPA free, made without Bisphenol A. Understanding the process of thorough scrubbing and rinsing after sealants harden helps alleviate any concerns you may have moving forward. The benefits of enhanced protection — with a barrier against the damage plaque and acids can cause to your child’s teeth — usually circumvents other concerns.
An emergency dentist for kids usually takes into consideration whether your kids have dental sealants when treating sports injuries or other dental emergencies. Other questions may include the cost of dental sealants. They usually run between $30 and $40 per tooth. Most insurance companies cover this preventive measure as the cost of dental repairs due to decay is often significantly higher.
Dental sealants can last several years and may be reapplied when the need arises. Protecting your children’s teeth with dental sealants for kids helps provide a solid base for good dental health throughout your children’s lives. Good dental habits help enhance many aspects of your children’s overall health and happiness.
Do you have any questions about the Dental Sealants in Brooklyn? For more information or to schedule an appointment with the best pediatric dentist in Brooklyn Igor Khabensky DDS of Family Cosmetic & Implants Dentistry of Brooklyn? Please contact our kids dentistry center for consultation with the kids dentist Igor Khabensky DDS.