Dear patients and friends,
It’s impossible to deny the impact COVID-19 has had on our community, and we know that we have all been in some way affected. With that said, we hope you and your family are well. All of us are looking forward to slowly resuming life as we know it (to some extent). While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your care and safety.
Infection control has always been one of our top priorities as you may have seen during your visits to our office. We will continue following infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, the CDC and OSHA. This guidance changes daily, if not hourly.
As of June 1st, Governor Cuomo has allowed dental offices statewide to open; and we have been preparing for this day for quite some time. You may therefore see some changes at your next visit. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions which will be emailed to you prior to your visit.
- All patients and staff will be required to wear a face covering while in the office. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places throughout the practice.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean fewer time slots are available and that you are asked to come alone (unless the patient is a minor).
- You’ll find your doctors and staff wearing enhanced personal protective equipment as well as office air purifiers with HEPA & UVC filters.
- Once in the operatory, you will be offered a pre-rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide that can help eliminate harmful pathogens.
- We’ve invested in new technologies such as extra-oral suction machines that will help remove potential harmful residues.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr.’s Igor & Alexander Khabensky & the rest of the Quentin Smile Team